Concern and care for the environment continues to be a Planet Ocean priority. Since inception, we have renewed and redefined our commitment to today’s – and tomorrow’s environmental challenges. As an industry leader in environmental technology, Planet Ocean continues to investigate and employ techniques that promote our positive impact on our neighbors and the environment.
It is the policy of the Company to operate worldwide in a manner which protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees and of the citizens of the communities where we have an impact. Excellence in health, safety and environmental protection is essential to our continued success and is, therefore, a shared responsibility and a common goal for all Company employees. Planet Ocean is assessed and certified to ISO 14001 (Certificate number GB 22669)
- The Company will comply with environmental, health and safety laws and regulations and with Company standards and procedures where they exist established to
protect human health and the environment.
- On an ongoing basis, the company will assess the environmental, health and safety risks of its activities, take steps to reduce these risks, and plan for the responsible management of emergencies where such risks are identified. Adherence to drug and alcohol best practices are part of this policy.
- The Company will initiate and encourage communication that will foster responsible environmental management and prevent injury and illness in the workplace.
- The Company will ensure that its employees have the knowledge, resources, incentive and authority to implement these guiding principles.
- The Company supports the principles of sustainable development in its use of energy and raw materials and in the design of its products and the design and operation of its facilities.
- The Company will measure its adherence to these guiding principles and correct any deficiencies.
- Recognizing that conducting business in a manner protective of health, safety and the environment is an ongoing process, affected by changing scientific knowledge,
laws and business and social needs, the Company will continuously evaluate and improve its policies and programs.
- Integrate environmental protection considerations into Company planning and decision making.
- Ensure proper handling and disposal of all wastes, and take steps to minimize their generation while seeking opportunities to recycle wastes and use recycled
- Work with appropriate environmental agencies and organisations to ensure timely, reasonable and cost-effective solutions to environmental issues before they
become major problems.
Sep 2014 iss B